Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS

Knew them all: The whole Jerrold Construction Division Family also Polis-Daus-Tommasi-CCG  Joe Daus and I started Splicing for Jerrold at the same time...we were a group of six splicers who first spliced in the Starline 1 Transitorized equipment in Harrisburg PA back late 1965, prior to that it was all tube type amps on x arms cans.
We never cut in taps, that was done as customers were added, we just spliced the amp, splitter, LE, Term.  Average was 25 pcs day.  There was no span measurement, just distance between the equipment.  I went on to supervison, Joe went on to be Jerrold's tower man.  I seen him climb 500, drag a alum ladder up, tie off to V gate antenna's, climb down the ladder to work on the top antenna.  Those were the day, we still keep in touch and laugh about all the shit we did.  Bobby Payne of TCS was also one of our six Jerrold splicers,  we all worked hard and played hard. Karl Daus was the supervisor at the time.  Linemen paid by the hour with perdiem, Grunts hired local which most went on to be lineman and travelled.  We all worked there from 1965 to 1975, then Jerrold closed down the construction division crews and sub all construction out, all we did then was overseen contractors...that was the start of unit work.
AM Const.....Burnip/Sims....was our two eastern division contractors....I could write a book on the history but time passes on.   Take Care...Be Safe Out There
Gary Ogden AKA: Microman   Micro Network Service Group
This is CABL.com posting #362265. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGo9
Posted in reply to: Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS by MarkD
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS MarkD 6/12/2014 12:57:22 PM
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS danimal 6/12/2014 5:45:06 AM