Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS

Whitfield  "Big Duck", your a good man for this industry-hang in there, these new guys today working from buckets could not even keep up with an old timer on hooks. 
I started in cable 1965 with Jerrold Electronic 2 years as a hook/splicer then 8 years as supervisor, then they changed to QC Construction, I then started my own company..Micro Constructors-when my company built the Cincinnatti TimeWarner system back in 80's, it was 13 cable runs off hooks. I then built,owned,operaed my own cable system, From their I changed it to Micro Network Cable System and in 1981 built one of the first long haul fiber runs for MCI along railroad tracks, been building fiber ever since:Campus-Coal-Truck Stops-Auto-Steel-Traffic Control-MAN-WAN-Health-Education-Correctional-State and Federal institutions.  Been at it for 47 years...now retired.  I enjoy hearing about what's going on "Now" in the business...Keep Safe Bro...you'll know when it's time to jump ship and retire... but your miss all the B/S that goes along with the trade of Cable TV.    My Ohio License Plate reads   "CATV"                      Cradle to Grave-microman
This is CABL.com posting #362150. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGni
Posted in reply to: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS by bigduck1
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS oldlinedawg 6/6/2014 3:56:46 PM
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS MarkD 6/4/2014 2:17:07 PM
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS danimal 6/4/2014 9:45:45 AM