Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Burning a Pole/Stick

Come on men if you climb sooner or later you will fall. I have this friend one of my best Jim Fling thats always done the impossible, climbs like a squirrel. In West Palm Beach alot of years ago did a highway crossing over I 95 , put two safetys together and highjacked the pole a 90 footer , the pole was so large it took two safetys hooked together to go around the pole I told the Company D@G communications get a high ranger I aint climbing that green class 5 stick but Jim did. Nuther story about Jim , working in Jacksonville NC Terry Clark use to brag to me he paid the rest of the splicers off what he made from my work. Back to the story Jimmy (not Fling)the then chief tech for TWC and Larry the if he's still there Chief tech now had a railroad crossing where the city was dicking them around and they couldn't get the permit to put it under the railroad. This was the only time in my career in cable that the mother company asked me did I know anyone that could put cable across the railroad and how much would they charge. No bid push came to shove and the cable had to go there. I can't recall if it was 60 or 90 ft up . I answered yes, I know the man that can get it done and he did . Mr. Impossible Jim Fling out of New Bern NC. Proud to know him , hes in the Mts. of west Va. still doing the impossible. I was a top hook but Jim was better. I don't mind paying homage if your better. If you outwork me and bring home more than I do , this old dog will take the day off and ask you can I follow you today actually would pay you. "WHY" because if you can out cut me or out hang me I surely to God want to see what your doing or not doing different than I do so I can do it your way . I like money I like contractors that like money and that saves the mother company loads , you have deadlines and others to answer too. I understand this and the bottom line is the bottom line.Lets make and save some money gentlemen and ladies. "WHITFIELD " Big Duck member #495 thanks for allowing me back Rick
Live Like Your Dieing , If You Can't Run with the BigDogs Stay on the Porch . Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today .Tomorrow May Never Come.Be Honest That Will Earn You Respect . You Get Paid to do It Once not Twice .
This is CABL.com posting #361946. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGj0
Posted in reply to: Burning a Pole/Stick by bigduck1
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Burning a Pole/Stick cablemn86 5/29/2014 8:16:53 AM
Re: Burning a Pole/Stick Lightmaster 5/26/2014 11:57:10 AM