Create your free account now! Sign up

One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS

The days gone by were some great years and I have made some great friends in this industry. I started in Cable in 1979 . I hired on with an outfit named American Spliceco out of Morehead City North Carolina . Left there and went to Cinncinati Ohio (I know its not spelled right Gary)lol. We brought cable to Ohio on hooks and off flatbeds . Spliceco pulled out of Ohio and went to Texas when then Owner Mike Brakefield signed one of the largest contracts ever signed  in Texas. I stayed in Ohio and went to work for Jackson . God only knows how many towns and citys I've worked in . Of all the places I've never felt better about my job than in 1989 in Florence South Carolina after hurricane Hugo hit . I can still see the children running and on bicycles in front and beside you as you passed through a sub divison hollaring its the cable man , its the cable man , it made  you feel special. . Moral to these stories is how many professions can you choose that allow you the freedom cabledogs \ cabldawgs enjoy travling across the USA... "WHITFIELD" BigDuck 
Live Like Your Dieing , If You Can't Run with the BigDogs Stay on the Porch . Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today .Tomorrow May Never Come.Be Honest That Will Earn You Respect . You Get Paid to do It Once not Twice .
This is CABL.com posting #361885. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGi1
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS MicroMan 6/4/2014 9:09:13 AM
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS CADD Man 5/27/2014 9:40:28 AM
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS Lightmaster 5/26/2014 11:58:38 AM
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS John Ohio 5/23/2014 10:23:02 PM
Re: One for the CABLEDOGS\CABLEDAWGS WildBill63 5/23/2014 2:12:30 PM