Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Installing cable versus installing satellite

To be more precise i made good with a trainer for a local contracting company (for directv) about a 1.5 years ago and from what he says he doesnt pay for supplies, makes about what i make per year (55-65k yearly) and i would have to drive my own truck for a while (i already do for present job) but eventually could get into an actual directv van (never gonna happen where i am). Also i had a guy that worked for the same company/different region of my state come to work for us and left after a few weeks and his story was much the same. We have a lot of those lol. I think the contracting company (for directv) around the area must be reliable.

Im still just weighing the pros and cons of the install times etc. seems most people say with any dish it takes 1 hour per room and 1 hour outside, the activation process on the receivers must be like pulling teeth unless their wallfishing all the lines ,and to think i get mad if my initialization hit doesnt go through within 5 minutes with a cable box lol.  

Apparently mileage between jobs is just another thing i need to ask about, and long hours would be nothing new for me. Ive always told myself that there is NO WAY it could be easier than dealing with our own process at the company im with, although lately things are just getting worse and worse with the tech taking more responsability in the wharehouse supply, vehicle insurance requirements, dispatching duties. Their just pushing harder and harder and harder for us to be completely self sufficient money making machines while having perfect qc scores and a trouble call rate below 5%......30 installs a week, 3 people call in and your done. Nothing you can do about most of them either. What a rant ! But hey, this has been the trend for years and years. 
This is CABL.com posting #360779. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbF1b
Posted in reply to: Re: Installing cable versus installing satellite by dfwdtv
There is 1 reply to this message