Create your free account now! Sign up

Installing cable versus installing satellite

I really would have thought i could find this in a search, but i didnt. And if this is the wrong place to post something like this please move. But i am a cable technician and am considering moving on to install satellite. I make decent money, ive heard other people talk about how much they make doing satellite and cable installations for years, im right up there with them so money is not really the problem. Im simply sick of dealing with phone and internet because there are way too many variables with peoples jacked up computers,hacked up phone lines, bad modems/equipment from our wharehouse,out of spec modems due to tap problems, dog chews in lines the day after install, oops someone unplugged the modem!, oops someone unplugged the amp power supply!, bad telephones, having to home run lines to any modem these days which makes the job a little harder, alarm systems, the list goes on and on and on.............

Having to deal with the cable plant possibly not being up to par, basically having to run a new drop and new outlets at each and every house because of the tight return path specs we must stay inside of ,etc etc, etc...............it just starts to seem as though maybe mounting a dish and running lines from there on would be a little easier for the same pay? Discuss please im curious to hear from others with experience. Just dont let this start anything lol.

I have heard some cable companies are not on board with trouble calls being the techs fault , but its of major concern where i am so much so that guys are getting write ups for the companies receivers going bad 30 days after the install. Its getting to be far more than i want to deal with.
This is CABL.com posting #360774. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbF06
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Installing cable versus installing satellite carlbrown 3/19/2014 9:25:12 PM