Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Overseas Jobs

Yes, I have worked overseas for Deutsche Telekom with is Tmobile. The pay was good, there are other things you need to include on your contract. When working there I first found Engineering companies with communication departments either wireless or wired.  Scientific Atlanta built all our headends in Germany and also manufactured the node and amp mods to fit Germay's equipment. If you only speak English, contact a head hunter who deals with your field of interest. Make sure to include the following in your contract before signing. All of witch should be cover, housing, daily food allowance, fuel and transportation both air and car traveling. If your married with kids, there are schools for such expat's. You will also what to make sure you have a severance package to include your cost to return home and enough money so you will not be in the hole once you return to the states. You also need to understand the tax ramifcations of over sea employment. In Germay, If your there over a year you will pay German taxes which will give you a 1st hand experince on what Obama is trying to do with the United States. Income taxes where very high 10 years ago also with high value add tax. Just figure they will take half.
The best way to enjoy the biggest bag for your buck is to be hired as a contractor on a US Military Base in your field. This way you will not be subject to whatever taxes the country your in and will have access to American products you custom too. FYI there is no BBQ place in Germay at my time of travels and was glad to return home. Hope this helps in some way. Good luck!
This is CABL.com posting #360512. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFWS
Posted in reply to: Overseas Jobs by danbowser
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Overseas Jobs patriotspl 2/21/2014 11:46:35 AM