Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Old Cable Dawgs

Work for Warner Amex in 1980 as rebuild project manager to rebuild Sedona and Flagstaff, Warner had just bought Sedona and it was a frigging mess, Aerial wreckout from Flagstaff in the 60s had been place UG in Sedona the cable would disintegrate if you touched it, Open wire going up Oak Creek Canyon., thousands of feet of trunk lying on top of rocks thru the woods, to hard to bury. I was there two years but never did rebuild it , worked with Clay Graham in Flagstaff to rebuild it, they eventually scrapped it, but I heard it was rebuilt several years later . Alot of heads rolled after they bought it, they where have suppose to have bought 200 miles but after I walked it out and asbuilted it only ended up being 125 miles, the previous owner sold them on cable ftg , back feeds,dead cable etc, instead of strand baring cable. John Mateovich from Corp was pissed and fired the guys that came out to look at the sysyem, bought it for $3 million ended up re-negotating for $1.2 million.
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.Thomas Jefferson
This is CABL.com posting #359113. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFAj
Posted in reply to: Re: Old Cable Dawgs by Jim Doherty
There are 0 replies to this message