Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Old Cable Dawgs

Yes it was, Butler Pa, Jud Sedwick,the owner, was a pioneer in the industry, they owned phoned and cable systems, he help build one of the first systems over in Mahoney pa. The thing about Armstrong was every thing was done in-house, no contractors, You learned to do everything from installs to splicing to construction to system maintaince. When they did new builds we would head there on Sat and Sun to splice or do installs. I learned alot starting in the business then and it paid off later down the line. But they didn't pay for crap, I started at $2.85 an hour ,this is with 4 years in the military and 4 years of college,ha ha, went to get a loan to buy a house and the bank laughed at me and said people on welfare make more than me , I took that to the Manager and he was shocked and the next day got a $5 an hr raise. I helped set a precedent for everyone to get better pay in the Armstrong network.
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.Thomas Jefferson
This is CABL.com posting #359112. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFAi
Posted in reply to: Re: Old Cable Dawgs by cablemn86
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Old Cable Dawgs cablemn86 12/4/2013 8:26:55 AM