Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Grande communications

Inhouse or contractor?  I got my start in the industry working for them inhouse out of Waco and they did a really job of training someone who never worked in the field before.  I went through 1 week of pole climbing training and 2 weeks in a classroom environment with lots of hands on training.  Then another couple of weeks in the field training.  The pay was decent at the time and we got lots of overtime but I hear they have cut back on the overtime.  Benefits were excellent, I have not seen a non-government company that can touch their benefits.  They are still small enough to take care of the techs.  Basically what I am saying is that I was stupid for leaving them to go work for Time Warner inhouse.  Now that I have moved over to contract I am happier only becuase I make more money but I have no job security and no benefits.  Sure there is always work out there in this industry but maybe not always close to home.  At least with Grande you are home every night and can get a couple days off a week and still be able to afford going out from time to time.
This is CABL.com posting #356791. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEYR
Posted in reply to: Grande communications by blaade01
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Grande communications blaade01 8/9/2013 7:21:04 PM