Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv or Dish Network?

DISH is generally the same, although you might find an occasional ad that offers about $10 higher per install for DISH. Now, I will tell you that I used to swear by DISH but now I swear at them. If this post is at all successful, it will convince you to stay away from DISH.

With DISH, you will find that you get back charged for stupid stuff like forgetting to put a sticker on a remote that says "HDMI". You will be expected to do wallfishes, pole mounts, etc., for free as those are all part of a standard basic installation. The equipment seems plagued with problems and even the problem-free units require a long download prior to operating. The Hopper system is a joke because you only get 3 live feeds for 4 TVs. The only way Hopper does 6 shows is if they are recording 4 local major networks as part of the 6. This is never told to the customer at the time of sale so you are tasked with delivering the "GOTCHA!" to the customer.

Inhouse doesn't like the subs and the subs don't like inhouse. Both thinks the other does shoddy work. I do know that a lot of inhouse techs will put jobs on temporary non-pen mounts on the ground, send the job out for DigSafe and then the followup pole mount gets sent to the subs, where they are forced to do a pole mount for a crappy service call pay.

Overall, as a job, I think installing DISH as a job ranks just above giving handjobs to truckers at a truck stop.
This is CABL.com posting #354861. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEtJ
Posted in reply to: Directv or Dish Network? by billybl35
There are 0 replies to this message