Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 750 Gainmaker forward sweep problem

The first question is are you using system trim boards.  This goes under the midstage eq and has 2 tweak pots?

How far in cascade are you?

This is common in gainmaker gear.  The over use of system trims and bad diplexers are the most common reasons for this signature.  I only use approximately 5 system trims per 40 actives.  Try not to "stack" trims.  You got to also keep in mind the diplexers.  This can be tricky because you can sweep an amp and it will be good.  When you go to your next amp you will see this fishtail.  If you pop a new mod in and it doesnt go away, you will have to back up to the amp that is good and put that new mod in there.  I know, it sucks.

Also, you do not have to worry about setting up the manual on gainmaker AGC's.  Put your S1 switch into position 1.  Balance amp as close as you can and then throw it into position 3.  Now you will need to set up your AGC.  (Per SA).  If you want, you can go to position 1 and balance, then go to position 2 and match what you had in position 1, and then set your agc.  I can provide you with the manual if you would like. 

It would be a good idea to put your marker @ 61 mhz to prevent over equalizing due to a one channel spike.
This is CABL.com posting #353227. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbD3n
Posted in reply to: 750 Gainmaker forward sweep problem by waveguy
There are 0 replies to this message