Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DIRECTV And DISH.....When will enough be enoug

I wish I could say that I 100% agree with you. Unfortunately, there are people out there willing to work for less than you. Maybe they have no sense of self-worth, maybe they have few bills and don't have to sweat a mortgage. As long as someone is answering the ads for dirt-cheap labor, the rates will still be in the toilet. I stopped installing DISH a long time ago because they asked too much for too little. I held on to doing DirecTV as long as I could until I moved out of an ideal work environment when my wife wanted to move to be with her dying mother. Outside an ideal work environment, it is not worth it.

For the time being, satellite internet may be worth it to many still. It pays more than DirecTV and DISH, they aren't giving away the farm, and you can still make quite a bit on custom work (pole mounts excepted, $49 max is too low). I've done satellite a long time too and I'm sure that either too many hands will get on this or the pay will drop or the scope of work will include everything under the sun, etc. For now though, it might be something to consider if you can get the work.

Bottom line, I think these companies are happy with the mediocre service they get as a result of the lowball rates. They just want it to work well enough to avoid too many issues. With as many customers that hop back and forth from provider to provider, I doubt I would want to pay a lot to get a customer installed either. I doubt you'll get many companies to ever band together. Besides, collusion is usually an illegal trade practice.
This is CABL.com posting #352812. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDWG
Posted in reply to: DIRECTV And DISH.....When will enough be enough?! by DigiCommSystems
There are 0 replies to this message