Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How can I get a contract with a cable/sat comp

Brag you can do a sale and instant install.  Few companies can do that.  These days, you make a bundle.  I used to do that years ago when the pay was squit and I did fairly well.  Drove around with a ladder on my car and did simple reconnects so when I made a sale, I was sure to get paid.  But you can do a lot more.

Here is your sales pitch to the prospect, "I'm (Name) with (Cable Company) and I can hook up your cable right now".  You will be amazed how many people just say, "Go ahead".  So you don't have to be Zig Zigler.  Then using yor your extensive installation experience, you nickle and dime as much as you can on the install plus you get a nice sales commission too!  Just make sure you collect the first month so the charge backs won't come back to bite you.

Can also offer to do a free audit, just a sight audit.  Nothing fancy.  Worked well for me years ago too.  Some Cable companies would spiff me all the sales from an area for a period of time while I was in the area whether I sold the customer or they just called in as an exchange for the free audit.  Companies let me look at install sheets so I could spot the installs I didn't get paid on and bill them.  Those were the days!
This is CABL.com posting #352784. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDWe
Posted in reply to: How can I get a contract with a cable/sat company by jamesb462
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: How can I get a contract with a cable/sat comp VegasCableSales 3/1/2013 4:30:45 PM