Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: what would it take?????

It's been some years since I was a contractor but I do hire them from time to time and I'm amazed at how little they know or want to know about the company or person they want to work for. I replied to brentpick and listed some questions I use to allways ask, but very few of the contractors I have hired aove the last few years have asked. I say if you want to weed ut bad companies that screw over good techs do your research on them before you work for them. I think the people on this site can come up with a list of 20 of so questions to ask a company before you start working for them. Questions other than what are you paying and when do I get my first check. Yeah everyone wants to know this but it's no good if they skip town or try to screw you out of cash with phony charge backs. Here's a couple to start.
How long have you been in business?
What other areas/ projects/MSO's have you worked?
Who was your contact at the MSO?prime on your last project?
What is your corporate office address and phone number?
Are you specs in writing? If so will I get a copy if hired?
These are some of the questions I use to ask and I always found good companies were glad to supply the information. As a contractor seeking a job you should not be the only one answering questions, the other side should answer them also.
That should get you started I could go on but I'm sure others will have good ones to ask. Then I say compile them get the best 20 or 30 questions togeather and post them here to help others.

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #352623. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDTD
Posted in reply to: what would it take????? by runnindrops
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: what would it take????? madvec 2/21/2013 11:02:11 PM