Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hot Gloves

Varies from state to state. Here in Cal. a utility bucket truck is required to have a pair of high voltage hot gloves with the leather keepers in the protective bag on the truck as part of the safety equipment. The gloves should be pressure tested at least once a year, and replaced every 5 at a min. Once a month I pull mine out and do a mini pressure test by rolling the open end over itself to see if the glove holds air without deflating. As far as use goes, I have never gotten a clear answer on that. One inspector told me I was required to use them while pulling any conductor like strand, cable or fiber with a steel strength member and the next inspector would tell me a running ground is sufficient. Whether or not your state requires them, they are good to have just in case. In 30 yrs. I have had to use them once to remove downed lines from a car wreck. Up until that time I considered them a waste of money, I no longer think that.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #352435. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDQB
Posted in reply to: Hot Gloves by Heckster
There are 0 replies to this message