Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Posting an employment ad but not responding

As someone who use to do hiring, you don't always have time to reply to all people applying or asking for more information. In this economy with so many of the 43% looking for work an employer can get hundreds or even thousands of appalications for a single opening. When I did hiring for the company I worked for that wasn't the only job I had to do, I also had techs, construction crews, CSR's, installers, customers, corporate, venders,and a hunderd other things to deal with in a day. Then had to sift through a pile of appa, and a in box full of emails to try and find someone I felt was worth talking to. You would not believe some of the the apps and emails i got. I am not the worlds best speller but when I fill out an app or send an email about a job I make sure the spelling is correct and the penmanship is neat. Some of these guys might have been great workers but you couldn't tell it by their apps/emails.
Then your trying to find out about jobs during the holiday season when a lot of people are taking extra days off and most offices are short handed. That's going to slow down the whole process also. Some of these job posts maybe for jobs that will not start until sometime late or after Jan and they just are trying to get that pile of apps ready.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #351633. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDDF
Posted in reply to: Re: Posting an employment ad but not responding by GoEasy
There is 1 reply to this message