Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work

Well alot of times when you hear someone make a statement like that," a monkey can do it" they are the ones that have the peanuts.  They demean and devalue what you can do, so they can get you to do it cheaper and gives them that feeling of power.   I have worked for alot of good people in the last twenty years, and those people that treat you fairly, with respect and appreciation, /not like a commodity, with no respect.  That makes them feel important and powerful. I do know a contractor sending trucks up there this weekend, and they are good people to work for. But they haven't been able to find subs that would go yet.  All trucks are inhouse  I see more post and the schedule is listed as well as the hours are listed.  But when I said no overtime I meant the pay scale.  We always had overtime hrs but got paid the same, but there were days even sometimes whole weeks that or hours were controlled. We also had times where they said on "Sunday you will have to take off to rest".  This was 2 months into this job with no time off. Everyone was happy with that idea. They were planning cookouts etc.  Then the night before they said" no you have to work tommorrow or you won't have a job." Always playing power tripping games.  That another reason some people I know won't go.
This is CABL.com posting #350134. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDfu
Posted in reply to: Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work by olndog
There are 0 replies to this message