Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work

Yep, and a man who has been doing it a while should know what his skill and time are worth.. And maybe they can find  that monkey to do it ,because I haven't been able to. And I have talked to alot of people. I guess they don't like peanuts. No one seems to be even remotely interested. I guess its the price, no  guarantee of pay or time that will be there, retainage etc.. Its a long drive for most and they get tired of getting there and the games( you know we are on production now . no overtime, cant work but 8 hrs a day this week, can't go home for the holidays, etc..... )  And knowing if they work peanuts they will always be a  monkey.  Maybe I've been talking to the wrong people, because the prices I have heard are really bad, even if I lived there.   But as far as whining, I'm not whining.heck been at the cow pasture all day life is good. And I've got a little bit schooling under my belt. I can also set the pole line, build the strand, coax, and fiber, splice the coax and fiber, and turn it all on. So I think I am a little smarter than most and I have the tools and equipment  to do all of it.  And although I contract and farm, I do so because I choose too, and I like good, honest work.   That's alot of guessing and maybes on my part throughout this post,  but Maybe it will get better.  Hopefully power will be far enough ahead, that will be safer than some of the storms I have worked.  Good luck to all, do what is right for you and your family, and be safe.
This is CABL.com posting #350046. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDd4
Posted in reply to: Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work by kysplicer61
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work DigiCommSystems 11/11/2012 7:10:59 PM
Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work olndog 11/8/2012 9:57:08 PM