Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Windows 7 Pro, IE7 hanging problems on Cabl.co

Nothing has been changed in the forum code for several weeks.

IE 7 is ancient in Internet terms. If you could possibly upgrade to a better browser (Chrome is my suggestion) or upgrade IE to 8 or 9 (or version 10 now) it's probably time to do that.

Microsoft worked hard getting users to upgrade away from IE7 (with good reason) so it's not very common anymore. Most major sites had already starting dropping support for IE7 as we were testing this new format. I didn't go out of the way to support things like the poster name popup if there was an alternative option. To get the poster's info, click the link to the full message page in the bottom right then click the poster name there.

I just loaded up a clean IE7 (Vista) and did a quick test and no problems. I could not get it to crash. Many things could affect it, though, like saving a login on LinkedIn/Twitter/Facebook would make their code work differently. I'd also suspect the Norton antivirus. If you can turn on its logging and check that, you may find the problem. 
This is CABL.com posting #348331. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCMp
Posted in reply to: Windows 7 Pro, IE7 hanging problems on Cabl.com by SpeedLasher
There are 0 replies to this message