Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CATV is losing talent

In the day, we all started as installers. So for you younger guy's, we do know how you feel. There is none of us today who are 50 and older ready to enter your world of installation with all the BS you have to go though. Being an installer was the start to understanding RF, levels, noise, suck outs and what they cause either on a meter with a dial or TV picture of a customer. The customer house was a training period for understanding the outside plant in which we all strived to be. Once with your hands on the outside plant, the headend was next. Going from coast to coast and being on the fore front of technology was exciting and new.
The installers on this form have a very rough road ahead of them, because the old dogs are no longer welcome or fit the Corporate mold. We are not submissive! we think and plan, then use our resourses to get the job done at all cost and lastly we stand by our word and call, weather right or wrong and we passed on knowleadge. But not anymore.
Today's MSO requires submissive employees to follow strict guildlines or be punished or fired. Thats the reason Mr. Installer you have $50 charge backs for leaving a zip tie uncut. If it was me I would cut it while I was there and be gone as long as the install met my requiements.
I will go to work for Lowes, Tractor Supply for $10 all day long, but I will not fix, train or resolve any network problems for free. I have enjoyed seeing them get upset because they dont understand.
My give a dam is busted!
This is CABL.com posting #347432. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCxU
Posted in reply to: Re: CATV is losing talent by cddalejr
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: CATV is losing talent oldlinedawg 8/25/2012 11:42:45 AM
Re: CATV is losing talent GoEasy 8/25/2012 7:30:32 AM
Re: CATV is losing talent skidmark167 8/24/2012 4:24:17 PM
Re: CATV is losing talent 1FARMER 8/24/2012 2:56:36 PM