Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CATV is losing talent

That is indeed who he is talking about. However that includes those with common sence in the industry. Once a cable company had a construction crews and no longer does, and have not for many years. The old dog's had the craftmanship of the trade. Now the systems are put back together with spit and foil... really? Those with the craftmenship and the self motovateddo not fit the new corporate profile. Today you will find a 3' peace of RG6 hanging instead of hardline and two new connectors..Really again? It took the same amount of time to that, however now it takes a return trip. at night to make the final repair. I have seen more effort by so call managers trying to find ways to balance the return to reduse noise and levels. Well gentalmen, you have two problems. 1 noise and 2 people not knowing how to balance. The management style from the top down makes everyone scared to make a call or be responsable for their actions or they will loose their jobs. I can spend more time creating a tickets to do a cut over for coax and limit my production in half. Let's not even bring up preparing for a fiber splicing job. As I drive though these systems I can see the lack of simple straps and spacers. In my area we have high winds that love to play with that stuff, Ohh, but let us see that foil being wrapped to pass the fix onto some one else. Good luck with that!  
This is CABL.com posting #347418. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCxG
Posted in reply to: Re: CATV is losing talent by GoEasy
There are 0 replies to this message