Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Broadband cable contractor start-up company

You can not plan out 1 to 2 years in this biz as rates change daily. You need to factor on all your overhead costs to do the job right ,inc insurance ,WC, company vehicles if you are providing , gas , management . The problem is most companies start at the top and work their pay after alll these costs. The way I did it was i started with the tech and made sure he was well paid and worked the formula backwards to see if the deal was worth it. I always felt if the front line guy was not happy then no one would be happy . my formula worked very well on a few projects and I even incurred some rate cuts ( the yearly cut) and never passed it off to the tech. All my techs were emloyees as well and had company trucks. Once the rates got to the point that the formula would not work I just packed it in rather then try to ask techs to keep doing a great job while paying them less money. I always paid my people on time and direct deposit as well. If you want to know some mor of the ins and outs go ahead and PM me 
This is CABL.com posting #346950. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCp8
Posted in reply to: Broadband cable contractor start-up company by brentpick
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Broadband cable contractor start-up company brentpick 8/12/2012 3:46:04 PM