Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable finanacing?

I've done about 10 financings for Install companies big and small ( five were my own). I know most of the players and investors in the business.  While you might find an Angel Investor (wealthy individual with money to invest) its tough as this business has a poor reputation and some significant risks ( just read the posts about folks getting burned).

Selling your AR (factoring) is short term money (good for making payroll or turning inventory) but you need long term money.  You can use short term money for long term assets but inevitably it will bite you on your ass.

There are some fairly knowledgable investors who know their way around the business and will invest long term money and let you run the business.  There are also a few ex owners who have sold out and have money to invest....those would be best as their money is "smart" ( a dollar is a dollar but smart money knows people and has experience in the business).

You should also be fully prepared ( statements, cash flow, budgets, exit strategy) before you go looking for money.  The Investor wants to know that the guy with his money knows what he is doing and has a plan.

PM me maybe I can help.
This is CABL.com posting #345221. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBYf
Posted in reply to: Cable finanacing? by sdtllp
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cable finanacing? sdtllp 6/24/2012 9:53:34 PM