Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anybody....DTVGreenDish out of Palmento Bay, F

Salisbury, MD is where people 'round here pray to end up when they die. It is the edge of the world; gateway to lower Delmarva! The city itself is big and old with no real problems. There is enough local business to generate a nice churn of newcommers...so more installs!

I think it was / is also served by Comcast. 
Once away from Salisbury the a larger population is down the road about forty miles east at Ocean City, MD. It has a high seasonal population + a good sized year around population.......some in MDU deals and many in isolated communities.

Going north into DE is where the real year round population center is. Follow 13 or 113 north from Salisbury and you get into EZ install land........with a mix of cottage communities that think NLOS means maybe we can find a hole in the trees. 

Berlin & Snow Hill, MD are the next "big" towns south of Salisburt with all the windshield time in between. As far as volume goes...Directv has been around awhile so new customers will be slow but maybe steady with the economy.

If I had to run a warehouse I would consider a series of satellite storage lockers near where the techs work  to draw supplies. There is no central spot down there and rural means many miles between stops. Note that  down there the rivers have only a few bridges. You can see where you want to go but........you gotta swim or drive around; the computer programs that route techs miss this feature.

I think the place was "served" by MASTEC out of lower DE so finding folks who will consider satellite work may be an issue. It was always too far down the road for me on Directv money...did three or four that were all routing errors & extra $$. All my Salisbury running was on the CloseCall nickel back when folks had landlines.

Joe..........gotta use at least one
joe
This is CABL.com posting #344695. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBPL
Posted in reply to: Re: Anybody....DTVGreenDish out of Palmento Bay, F by basebandit5
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Anybody....DTVGreenDish out of Palmento Bay, F basebandit5 6/11/2012 7:50:09 PM