Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Perry Construction K.C. Mo Google Project

I played the waiting game patiently untill today June 2012, for work done on December 2011 in Kansas City and here I am six months later waiting for my retainer/deposit and no answer yet.
 I am 100 percent certain it does not take this long to bill successfully for my work.

By now, these contractors should be long paid and probably long gone from Kansas with their sacks of money. So I respectfully asked for my deposit they promised by email and no response. I am going to file small claims suit in their jurisdiction using civiltree.com service and I'll bill for that cost of recovery too plus whatever the citation costs are in their home state plus  interest.

If they give me a hard time, I will file an ss-8 form with the IRS worker status determination (for Year 2011)so they can share in my frustrations when the IRS audit their books. My 1099 was under-reported and I have not acted on it yet in hopes they will pay me the remainder of the money owed to me and technically I feel that I was treated like an employee and I had no control whatsoever to the way I wanted to be paid, where I wanted to start and which maps I can choose to do.
I don't want to go that route so I hope they read this and  just deposit my retainer at once cause I'm tired of waiting and playing games with you contractors on this particular site. Every engineering gig I've picked up on this site has resulted in not paying up in full after you do the work for them. You know who you are in Texas, Oklahoma and now this in Ohio with the Google Kansas Fiber project.

People, protect yourself and have your invoices paid weekly off the bat, not monthly. You are a contractor and you set the terms. 9 times out of ten, they will short change you if you let them pay you 6 weeks later. If you are a real contractor, you are suppose to set the terms and conditions for your services to your client. If they don't like your terms and conditions for your services, then let them go find another sucker. There are many other fish in the sea. I learned the hard and expensive way by working free for theives and crooks.
This is CABL.com posting #344469. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBL7
Posted in reply to: Perry Construction K.C. Mo Google Project by TPCServices
There is 1 reply to this message