Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Buccaneer Satellite

I've been in this business 22 years and although I'd like to see a company revert back to how things used to be, I've learned to be wary of start ups with big promises and no track record. You say you're wanting to hire employees and pay an hourly rate and have gotten few responses. Well why don't you go ahead and clarify your hiring terms for everyone. I'm sure as a legit company wanting EMPLOYEES you are supplying company vehicles, company meters and all tools & materials necessary to complete the assigned work right? Along with vacation pay, sick time and major benefits right? I understand not all small companies can supply all of the things I've listed, but truck, tools and materials should be YOUR responsibility NOT the employees.

This has been discussed so many times on this forum it just chaps my a** to see job postings that continue to want to claim workers as employees but those workers have to supply EVERYTHING to get the job done. The only thing that happens in these situations is the guys that take this type of work get screwed until they wise up and the "companies" just post ads for more desperate "employees" to replace them. I'm so thankful for this forum and those dawgs that contribute their experiences and knowledge so that others may save themselves some money and troubles. I don't usually post on here because what I would be typing in reply is always said by someone else if I wait a little while. But seeing the responses to your post, I felt obligated to request clarification.

Having an employee supply their own truck, tools, meter or anything else to do install work is like making an employee at McDonald's supply their own grill, utensils, wrappers and electricity/gas to make their damn burgers. This crap that goes on in this industry now started getting bad about 10 or 12 years ago when subs started trying to hire subs. I know it happened before that time, but those few scumbags were weeded out fairly fast. Now, that's all you see posted. They've even gone so far as to start requiring a WHITE vehicle! Really???? Well I guess that's one way to outfit your "COMPANY" huh? Ridiculous. I hope everyone reads through this forum and examines every "company" thoroughly before signing on. Ask questions and demand answers. It shouldn't be a problem for a real "company" to list their name and phone number when wanting to hire people ( Contractors or Employees for that matter ).

CDISCORP, please post a link to your ads that state other than what I have outlined above. I would be interested in joining your company if I can be proven wrong. I will be awaiting your response with my resume in one hand and my cell phone in the other. I will also have a fork in front of me as I'm more than willing to eat a large slice of Humble Pie. After which I will gladly retract my suspicions and remove you from my list.

Whew, I feel so much better now

This is CABL.com posting #341903. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbA6J
Posted in reply to: Re: Buccaneer Satellite by CDISCORP
There are 0 replies to this message