Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Safety Classes

I can't post the link for some reason, the website is clicksafety.com and the discount code they gave us is OSHA30 or OSHA10.

Just a heads up, they have changed the rules for taking classes as of 04-01-2012, not sure what the new standard is.

Mastery Tech is another great safety training website that offers a lot of specialized classes like arc-flash, ladder safety, aerial lift certs, etc that are great for compliance with railroad and government projects. 

A lot of guys say safety is a waste of time and money.  Safety pays.  We're doing a large job for SEPTA/Amtrak and they love how we take safety so seriously which means more work in the future.  After seeing a guy get killed in 2008 and numerous close calls, enough was enough.  Making that call to his wife was the hardest thing I ever had to do, 3 kids are without a father now because of a lack of training and lack of a safety program. 

Last Saturday night 3 supervisors were almost struck and killed by a SEPTA train right in front of me, the gang watchman thought they saw the train coming, there was so much noise from equipment that they couldn't hear it coming nor see it because of all the work lights.  Just because you have a watchman or flagger doesn't mean it's safe to work.  All three guys are lucky to be alive, even with a extensive safety program like SEPTA/Amtrak accidents will happen, this was the fault of the gang watchman, he was some idiot the contractor had just hired and he had only 5hrs of track safety training the day before. 

This is CABL.com posting #341748. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbA4e
Posted in reply to: Re: Safety Classes by jmiller
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Safety Classes MicroMan 10/4/2012 8:12:12 PM