Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: splicing during the " oh so popular &quot

Tell them its April fools day and they got you good.  All are great responses. And you have to eat. And EVERYONE Needs to be negotiable. Buttttt.... We do and have done alot of nightwork and pointblank thats not much time at all. especially at night.  Night and day working all the time will kill you.  And one night can screw up two days. I can go 3-4 days on 8-13 hours of broken sleep especially if I am making good money (or if I think I am making money)splicing fiber. And before it is said or asked  I DONT DO DRUGS.  dont even like taking tylenol.  Two trips sucks but that is how we do coax.  Then you know all that faces you.  No surprises on cable, connectors, linecrews work etc.  And we do everything we can do as said like making sure we can get trucks to poles and checking for tire busters, wet spots,  removing heatshrink, building parts, making our jumpers and coring where add straight splices,  Bending loops. removing straps to add panduits  etc. Splicing coax also and its more physically exhausting than splicing fiber. But I have never seen a window that small. But I have only been doing this since 1993 and haven't seen it all. But all these primes and mso's keep pushing, and pushing.  And most dont do or put up with what we do,  We  have bent over backwards alot the past 8  years.  Finally we said NO. and most of the other subs said no also.  Its been 3 weeks now since we had a price cut (a large one)  After working off 2006 prices since 06 and after going through two price cuts since then even though the primes prices were not cut. I'm not planning on getting cut again.   I can't afford too.  At some point you ( and everyone else) have to draw the line and its long overdue for the industry. And if all these job scared people would start a negotiating instead of taking all the terms passed down things might get better for all of us. But you will have to decide that for yourself.  Good luck to you whatever you decide. NEGOTIATE
This is CABL.com posting #341724. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbA3Q
Posted in reply to: splicing during the " oh so popular " 2- by snake eyes
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: splicing during the " oh so popular &quot Werfer1 4/1/2012 10:58:42 PM