Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: according to Daniel

Mr. Whomper,

Your statement is true in one way, and false in another.

Not all offences in the Old Testament law had the penalty of death attached to it.

However, that is a mute point because when Adam sinned, he represented mankind in totality because all mankind came from his body, including his wife (fashioned from his rib).  Read Romans 5:11-21.  

When Adam sinned, death entered into the world.

Adam's sin had a two pronged effect, one is the fact that physically all men will die physically (Heb 9:27), the second is that all men are spiritually alienated from God (spiritual death) (Eph. 4:18-19)  In verse 18 it talks about Gentiles which can be equated to the unbelieving.

Christ's death on the cross was the only acceptable substitutionary death that satisfied the righteous judgement of God for sin.

Only faith in Christ's finished work on the cross saves sinners from the sentence of eternal Hell (Acts 4:12, Rom 10:8-13).  Hell is most definitely a real place as described in scripture, but in its simplest essence, it is being eternally separated from the presence of God (Rev 20:11-15).

I know that to those who are believers, what I have written will make sense, but to those who don't believe, the Bible has this to tell you, and those who believe also for their understanding:

1Co 2:9   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10   But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12   Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13   Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14   But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15   But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Co 2:16   For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

I sincerely hope that all that don't believe come to repentance, and confess and believe while they are still living.  I you die in unbelief, you will go to hell whether you believe it or not!  God created all things, and is above all things, he has the full right to determine how his creation is to function, and he DOES exist whether you think so, or not!

Jeff
This is CABL.com posting #340631. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAMd
Posted in reply to: Re: according to Daniel by mrwhomper
There are 0 replies to this message