Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union ha,, iBEW

Good Post Splicer for Life. I have spoken to the IBEW a few hirer up's and they are lobbing the White House aggressively to change the workforce model currently being used, misclassification of workers. Blinders is what everyone on here but a select few have on. They speak of change, well look the IRS and DOL are sharing information now. States are passing laws to clamp down on this issue. Since Verizon got into the cable market, its peeked the interest for years to Union all Cable workers. In the west a few shops tried that were employee based like an FTS or Mastec of sorts. But they all changed to 1099, work didnt change or daily activities change only the pay.I dont think a Union at this stage is manageable because what if one of the MSO/HSP's went on strike and they have 4 companies working the area. It would almost have to be a complete change no sub contracting companies period and the MSO/HSP's take on the employee's but I dont see that coming unless we see the IRS and DOL targeting major offenders ASAP. The White House has made this an issue. Imagine 100k tax paying workers added to the Sure I know a UPS who's union, Verizon guys who love it... Retirement, paid time off, worker rights... etc.. All the crap Ive heard from techs for almost 8 years...Union is the way to save this industry because its going to get worse this year with all the people looking at the Industry as a whole from all the lawsuits in Federal Courts, States passing laws on this and DOL going after offenders.Wait till the DirectTV Suit hits national news. Its a National Condition Class, a notice is going out to ever Tech "50k" This includes the bottom contractor. So exposure is whats needed. This is 50K plus workers in the USA, we know Cable trumps them by 5-10 times, so my numbers are a little off 350-450 Total Cable/Sat workers misclassified in the USA which could Union if they were employees. Big numbers to the IBEW...
This is CABL.com posting #340121. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbADZ
Posted in reply to: Re: Union ha,, iBEW by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message