Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: help with ingress? "CHECK FOR CLIP"

Greg,
I remember those day at Magnavox training center.
I was also known as the best Magnavox saleman in Canada.
I remember Mr Masalingua telling every one at a sale metting at the factory where I was late for a reunion telling every one there that I was a real beleiver in the Magnavos product.
I put about 90% of the province of Quebec cable operator on Magnavox in those day.
I was know in this part of the world, Mr. Magnavox.
I have been so often in the Magnavox lab in Syracuse N.Y. not to many factory did those amplifiers test in front of customer. I remember Going in the cold chamber to change a PAD as every one in the room said, he from the north, so he can stand the cold.
It also think Magnavox made a big mistake when they came out with the GNA series, I want them to put the bi-directionnal filters plug-in and Mr. Caezza was againt it. Plus the test point were -30dB high isolation when every one was going -20dB dir. coupler.
But as you mention I came from the telephone company before I got in to CATV and some of there training I am still carrying with me.....
I will not go to SCTE as I am now retire and doing a bit of consulting but not enough to permit me to spend that amount of money to go there.
But as I have said for longtime if you only want to go to one convertion a year this one is the best.
Hope to meet you one of those day.

Regards

Joe50
Andy Lamarre
Montreal, Canada.
Joe 50
This is CABL.com posting #335286. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbzn0
Posted in reply to: Re: help with ingress? "CHECK FOR CLIP" by Buffalo Chips
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: help with ingress? "CHECK FOR CLIP" Telehealth 12/8/2011 3:48:40 PM
Re: help with ingress? "CHECK FOR CLIP" Buffalo Chips 11/10/2011 7:20:45 PM