Create your free account now! Sign up

Hit and run by a Quad

Here's a story you haven't herd before, I own a small town cable system and was recently called on a outage, upon arrival to the area I see a ped that just does not look right, so I inspect it and sure enough it had been pulled out of the ground and then shoved back in, and i can see one small tire track in the gravel ( the size of a bmx tire) leading up to the box. So i go the the door of the house and ask if there had been any incident or accident that they where aware of, the lady says yeah my husband ran it over in his wheel chair. While I was out fixing  the tap that had been ripped right off the cable to bare conductors, He came out to apologize to me and told me the story about how it happened, he was unloading form his van and lost control see he is a complete quadriplegic he has only the use of his head so he uses a puffer tube to control his chair and it just was not responding right, so I asked him if he had been drinking LOL and we had a good laugh, so needless to say no charge for the repair and I even went to town and bought a flush mount sprinkler box just so it can't happen again. 

Be Safe
Nomad 
This is CABL.com posting #329474. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxSg
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Hit and run by a Quad WeeWah 6/20/2011 1:12:24 AM