Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Females in the Cable Industry....

Did you happen to look at my older stuff??  Anything before I got pissed off over being treated unfairly - did you see any of those posts??

I can almost bet that you would have had a hard time telling if I was a man or woman.  The only reason I opened this conversation is because I am tired of being treated lesser - just because I don't do my job the way a man does - does not matter that the end result of my work and yours is the same, nor does it matter that I have only failed ONE TQA in cable, EVER for a wrong tag number, and it does not matter that I still get shit jobs that In house techs turn back in just so I will get the job and the bet I can't do it. I have never, will never, and can never have the brute strength that a man has. I am honest about that. I don't sling a ladder the same way a man does (some due to back problems, some due to strength). I will never say I am anything I am not.  BUt that does not by any means give anyone the right to put me down because I try.

I am not "beating my breasts", as you say.  I am making a living, darn proud of the fact that I am currently back in cable (as I had a 4 year hiatus due to a car accident), and not wondering how I am going to pay the bills, and put food on the table. I am as healed as I will be, and come hell or high water I am dying with my boots on. You guys take a simple comment of 75 jobs left better go cause they won't do themselves, want to be done by Tuesday, and turn it into me being a liar about how many jobs I can do, ridicule the type of work I do.  My comment was because 1. i was on the phone with dispatch as I was typing in cablbar, and glad to know I only had 75 jobs left out of the 140+., 2. I thought it would be funny to say they weren't going to do themselves. , and 3. I am very happy about the fact that I am working at a job that pays more than $500 a month, and I don't have to have 3 or 4 jobs which  I did up until I started cable again.

So really?  Would you rather I pop out a few kids and let you and every other man on this site pay my bills through taxes and welfare, or could you manage some restraint in disparaging remarks because I am making it on my own and choose to do that by not having kids, doing my work, not bothering anyone else in the process, and being happy with what I make a week? I go to work, I come home, I hang out with my dogs, and go to bed, to do it all again the next day, 7 days a week.  And I don't begrudge anyone else if they like their job and are happy about being employed.
This is CABL.com posting #329172. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxNo
Posted in reply to: Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... by SpeedLasher
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... SpeedLasher 6/13/2011 6:22:05 PM
Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... SpeedLasher 6/13/2011 5:31:32 PM