Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Females in the Cable Industry....

And another good example of men hating on women in the cable industry just happened in this forum under Just got a $2000 check for a week...

SpeedLasher seems to hate women for some reason.  I never did anything to him.  I do my jobs, and come home.  I don't disparage anyone or treat them ill because they are working.  I am happy to see someone working.  In this economy, I have fought very hard for the company I work for to keep areas open just because someone needs a job.  Some of the smaller areas may not have much revenue, but something is better than nothing, and some people can turn small areas into goldmines.

Isn't it really about happiness?  Why would it bother someone so much that a woman works in this industry?  I just don't get it.  I don't expect special treatment.  I don't expect someone to help me with something someone else could do alone. I might ask questions if I don't know something, but never, ever would I put someone down for working.

I guess SpeedLasher would rather I pop out 6 or 8 kids and live off of welfare, and let him (through his tax dollars) pay my bills. I mean hey, if you men would rather pay my bills for me, why don't you just say that??  I don't have to work since some of you have the attitude you have!  I can let you pay for everything and live off welfare.  WHy not, right??  Well for one, I believe in ethics and morals.  I believe value is something you create, and values are just as important as respect and honesty. I also believe that the cable industry chose me to work, not hte other way around. I happen to be good enough at it to live comfortably without much hassle.  It is rare to find something you don't mind doing, and can actually pay your bills and have a little left over.  I am not looking to get rich.  Just get by. Why do some of you guys hate me for that???

It really hurts my feelings that so much animosity is directed to me over my job. I paid my dues a long time ago. So you can take your attitude and shove it up your ass.  I am done responding to such condescending remarks.  And as far as I am concerned, it will be a cold day in hell when I say another nice word or give someone an attaboy for working, or help someone - since I have in the past helped others put together small claims cases and tracked down info....

This is CABL.com posting #329155. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxM7
Posted in reply to: Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... by Terry Mena
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... SpeedLasher 6/13/2011 10:16:13 AM
Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... Running 6/13/2011 7:29:52 AM