Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: not getting paid

Depending on whether you want to go after them, and how much the check was, and where the contract office for the work was done, it is pretty easy to file a small claims.  Some places are $2500 maximum, and I have seen some areas where the max is $1500.  It is easy to do, might cost you $75 in filing fees and service fees, but if you win your case you can be recouped for those as well.

And if you win your case, and still do not get paid, you can set up liens against the company.  Be sure when you file though, tha tyou name the company, the owners, and any managers.  That way, you can attach liens to personal property as well.  Some places do not allow this - you would have to check for the area you worked...

And legally, depending ont he contract you signed, they may have up to 30 days to pay out your last check. You need to read your contract agreement to see if that is a stipulation.  If you would like help putting together the information, I would be more than happy to help you.  I hate it when companies don't pay us for what we do....Fortunately, I work for a GREAT company now, and do not have these problems any longer.

PM if you would like some additional information on small claims....
This is CABL.com posting #329078. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxLS
Posted in reply to: not getting paid by joe jacob
There are 0 replies to this message