Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What is your "Cone Policy"

I have bad days sometimes (alot)...

Speaking of tying the ladder off...I worked in Nashville on a Vol Disco project last year. I go to this house, front easment busy street, in a curve, blind curve at that, and a pole that has been swallowed by shrubbery, and people had planted those little spiral pruned trees, with azaleas, and honeysuckle, and lilacs.  Set up my gear. Wearing all the PPE, set my up on the pole (could not even see the strand), make sure the feet are set and put one foot on the ladder...Ladder twisted off the pole - into the street, with the blind curve... I grabbed it up...looked it over...threw it on the pole - maiming the shrubs this woman had planted all around pole - even ripping some of the foliage down so I could see what I was doing...

My next job..TALL pole, midspan tap...I put my ladder up on the strand...climb up, doing my thing and the hooks fell the f*ck off...

When my ladder had fallen at the previous job the weld where the hooks connect INSIDE the turn housing had sheared off...

I creeped back down the ladder, and went and got new hook assembly...

With the hook assembly, the guy told me he would throw in a tie off lanyard.  Sure why not... Used it at my next job - everything was going good until the clamp came loose, the wind picked up, and the stupid lanyard got tangled around the bottom of the pole...Pocketknife took care of that problem. Will probably never own another one.

LOL!
This is CABL.com posting #328413. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxA9
Posted in reply to: Re: What is your "Cone Policy" by WeeWah
There are 0 replies to this message