Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Females in the Cable Industry....

I don't think that is it...I think there are a lot of bad companies out there that aren't training these guys right.  By the time they roll through their 2nd or 3rd company, they think they know what they are doing, and really don't have a clue.  This all started when things went from contract positions to direct company employees (1099 to W2).

When I started in cable, it was do or die trying. Now companies are more worried about the politics and presentation of the tech than the actual job. I work for a company now that almost did not hire me because I had previous experience. They wanted to make sure the person they got did not have bad cable habits.  But when I can pass a background, drug screen, and DMV check with flying coors and others can only pass 2 of the 3,and the choices are few, what can you do??  I am not sorry for that, and keep my nose clean because of it. Who would you choose?  SOmeone who can do the job and pass all three checks, or someone you think might be able to do the job, but can only pass 2 of 3??
This is CABL.com posting #328305. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxzp
Posted in reply to: Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... by hookman 81
There are 0 replies to this message