Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Females in the Cable Industry....

WOW! Wished I had had the pleasure of being around you when I first started cable.  Then I would not be so defensive to people when they ask me questions about my job.

As far the paperwork thing goes - funny you should say that...the new company I work for has, no kidding, 3 to 5 hours of paperwork twice a week...and I finally told my boss man that cable wasn't fun anymore.  I was willing to give up my percentage as manager status if he would just take away the paperwork.  This does not include uploading pics, making sure time sheets are done, and scanning in everything that has to be scanned in (GOD, where are EDW's!!?!?!?!!?)  He finally took pity on my and helped me out.

Being a woman in this industry is hard.  And sometimes it is hard to know who to trust and who not to trust. I am very gullible sometimes, but the longer I work in this industry, the more hardened I become.  I hope the next time men encounter a female tech they give her a freaking break - NOT SAYING LET HER SLACK ON HER JOB, but if she truly struggling, show her a different way, or the best words that were ever told me was MAKE IT YOUR OWN.  After that, I started doing things my way (physically), because I don't care how muscled out a woman might get doing this job, we will never have the brute force strength of most of the men.

Thanks for the supportive response.
This is CABL.com posting #328292. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxzc
Posted in reply to: Re: Females in the Cable Industry.... by Anasazi
There are 0 replies to this message