Create your free account now! Sign up

Principle #5

Principle #5
Small compromises lead to great disasters.
(Otherwise known as little sins lead to big sins).

So many students and friends of the ministry have asked me questions like this, “Brother Steve, I have stayed away from my old friends, I have stopped acting the way I used to, I even go to church at least once a week, but I still ended up engaging in my addiction. Why doesn’t this work?” Such a difficult question to the student, but such an easy answer from God.
I will usually ask them where they are in their Bible reading, scripture memory, prayer life, mid- week service attendance, witnessing, and what they are doing for service to the kingdom (bus route, cleaning church, nursery work, helping others, etc.). Without fail, they have fallen away in almost everything. Oddly enough they have fallen away for only two to three weeks...then bang! The devil acquires a foot hold.
How does this happen? Well, here’s God’s easy answer… (Read Luke 16:10) God says if we are consistent (faithful) in all the little things (questions asked earlier), we will be consistent (faithful) in the big things (remaining victorious). However, if inconsistent in the little things, we will fail in the big things. The reason is simple: God loves the little things. You see, this list of small things determines your master. You cannot serve God and earthly lusts. (Read Matthew 6:24) You will have no choice but to love one and hate the other. The more you do for God, the more you will learn to love Him (Why do we love Him? Because He first loved us!).
Remember this: small compromises lead to great disasters. You may compromise your Bible reading or church attendance or service requirements now, but the consequence are guaranteed to be great. If you are not yielding yourself to the little requests of God, you will yield yourself to the little requests of your enemy. And him alone will you serve. Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Commit today to do the little things every day. You will never read your Bible every day until you read your Bible on the days you don’t want to. God bless.

kid cable
This is CABL.com posting #326956. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxdE
There are 0 replies to this message