Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: buck squeeze

I have been a lineman for over 25 years I am a certified pole climbing instructor for Bell Atlantic, Ameritech, Verizon and others. I now own my own company and bought our first buck squeeze for a lineman in training a few months ago. After trying this device I then bought one for my self and I now require it for all lineman working for me. In short yes it takes a little longer to get up and down the pole because you are hitchhiking up and down the pole however I have tried everything to make this device fail and I have come to the following conclusion. You just cant fall or even slide down the pole if the devise us used properly. That means no more pole climbing injuries, no more workers comp claims from falls and less training time to safely get new trainees working on the pole. Yes they are not cheep but in the long run the can save you thousands and even millions in personal injury or loss. Its just my opinion but an educated one. I personally thing the should be mandatory industry wide...
This is CABL.com posting #326734. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbw94
Posted in reply to: buck squeeze by danimal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: buck squeeze cablepro222000 5/5/2011 9:02:15 AM