Create your free account now! Sign up

Craziest Stories...

I have a few but this one is pretty good, guys are out doing resags and are using a T40 and a layup stick with a cable hook to push some slack down the line.  Driver/groundman says to the flagger hold up traffic, I have to get out in the road to pull down on this line.  Flagger holds up traffic but this fine citizen takes it upon herself to to go around the stopped cars.  The flagger jumps out to stop her but she floors it and goes around him.  As she is passing the bucket truck at 35mph, the driver steps out into the highway by the front of the truck while pulling down with the stick.  The lady hits him at full speed and he swings up about 18', dead even with the line, all the while holding on the stick and swings back down to the ground, lands on his feet and says hell yeah let's do that again! 

Meanwhile the lady thinks she killed the guy and is crying and screaming and doesn't know what to do.  The kid was fine, holding onto that stick probably saved his life but the guys let her have it.  He ended up with an imprint of the grille and was pretty sore but otherwise was ok.  Just goes to show that you can never assume, anything. 

In my experience school buses are the most dangerous vehicle on the road, I've had more close calls and aggravation from them than anyone else.  Those (generally stay at home moms) people could care less about anyone else, take pride in driving as fast as possible and try to control the road.  It is just scary how bad they drive. 
This is CABL.com posting #325285. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwMH
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Craziest Stories... PantherFan 4/17/2011 1:47:38 AM
Re: Craziest Stories... Lightmaster 4/12/2011 9:40:06 PM
Re: Craziest Stories... 1FARMER 4/12/2011 12:55:55 PM