Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mastec Florida

S.installs, your the only one who makes a valid point.

Most people on the bar are owners and smart people who mostly have left the industry, but keep tabs.

You cant not create a Union with contractors, it has to be an employee based work environment.  Its been tried in other states, Google it.  Once an employee contractor who subs/depends on its work from Cable or Sat makes them contractors to avoid this.

Now

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-3254

When this bill passes, which has huge support from the Electrical Unions and many Labor rights people is going to change the industry as we know it.  Within the next 2 years most all are going to be inhouse, MSO's work forces are going to be more like Verizons, larger and Union based to protect worker rights.  Im for it, Ive spoken to them and Ive gotten there full support in my cause. 

When you go for it, GO FOR IT BIG.  I never have assed my work as a cable guy, and im damm sure not letting any avenue untraveled. The NLVCA is behind me 100% and they are lobbing for change aswell.  Im not a Union Rep, but if I had them on my side.  Im sure things would be alot different now. For the better for me, but for all ive worked for while in the Cable Biz.

This is CABL.com posting #321494. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvNy
Posted in reply to: Re: Mastec Florida by s.installs
There are 0 replies to this message