Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What is your "Cone Policy"

Please explain how putting out cones by my work vehicle when it's parked in my driveway, at 7-eleven, etc. is for my own safety.  And what does habits have to do with it? One should always employ good habits while working, or at any other time, I certainly agree with that. But having a good habit doesn't mean you follow that same procedure when it isn't needed. That's called a waste of time! It is neither necessary nor reasonable to perform those same tasks (like placing cones) when they are NOT needed! And what does this have to do with a lane closure? And why would I piss and moan about placing cones for that? 

If you need to perform tasks when they are not necessary, to apparently enable yourself to remember them when they are, then by all means do it. However, I'm not sure why you expect someone else to follow your procedure of performing unnecessary tasks, when they have the ability to only perform those tasks when they are logical and needed.

I'm not going to set out cones when they are not needed, and I have no problem using them when they are helpful for safety reasons. I don't "piss and moan" when I use cones, lol. I'm just not going to be bullied into using them in ridiculous situations!

I look forward to hearing how it will effect/improve my safety by placing cones in front/behind my work vehicle while it's parked in my driveway, or at any other location where I'm not working! And again I ask, if you think it improves safety, then why don't don't you also put out cones when using your personal truck/car/motorcycle? Or do you? If you don't, then please explain your logic in using cones on work vehicles that are not being used for work and are NOT posing a hazard with protruding ladders or other items?
This is CABL.com posting #319131. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvbr
Posted in reply to: Re: What is your "Cone Policy" by WeeWah
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: What is your "Cone Policy" WeeWah 12/31/2010 8:59:50 PM
Re: What is your "Cone Policy" SpeedLasher 12/31/2010 3:57:37 PM