Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What is your "Cone Policy"

You might like it, but IMO ..... and I emphasize "in my opinion" it is the dumbest safety policy ever. Now, if your vehicle has a ladder or some other item hanging over the footprint of the truck, where it could be a hazard, then I agree with a cone. but other than that, what on God's green earth is the point? I'm referring to a parking lot, or some other area where the truck isn't being used to work out of at that time. Is someone going to walk into your vehicle if there isn't a cone there, lol?

It's a stupid policy that was most likely started by a way over zelous and  bored MSO upper management type, that was trying to justify his/her existence. I don't hang around a place very long when they put concern on such a STUPID policy!!!!!! Why not just require all vehicles in service, along with everything attached to them, to be painted fluorescent orange?

Okay, I'm having a little fun with this topic, but in all seriousness I feel like a complete dork putting out cones when in a parking space when no hazards are present, and your just going into a meeting or something. The fact is, I will not stay working at a company with such lame requirements. It is a rule that has absolutely NO basis in fact, and provides NO increased safety for anyone.
This is CABL.com posting #319110. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbva6
Posted in reply to: What is your "Cone Policy" by mid_span_lover
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: What is your "Cone Policy" rirwin 1/17/2012 1:06:10 AM
Re: What is your "Cone Policy" PantherFan 5/17/2011 12:46:09 PM
Re: What is your "Cone Policy" cablemn86 5/17/2011 9:19:40 AM
Re: What is your "Cone Policy" Polehiker 12/31/2010 2:42:15 PM
Re: What is your "Cone Policy" WeeWah 12/31/2010 1:04:07 PM