Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can someone help me?

I don't know who the MSO is, however, I am guessing that they have reasonable specs like anyone else. 

I would be willing to gamble that you would be able to pass low end signal for the internet feed on that RG11 drop, at least enough to operate internet ONLY.  I would not count on its reliability on that long an RG11 drop though.  That really is not the only issue in place here.

First and foremost, it is HIGHLY unlikely that the drop could be attached to poles with no active cable plant on it without permitting from the owner of the pole (telco/power).  That is the first issue that would need to be overcome.  Nothing else happens, drop or hardline, until the permtting, or verification that the pole space already available to your cable system, until that is done.

Second, and most likely as important to the system and their tracking, is that to enter that address into their system, it has to be called "serviceable"  I doubt very much that there are footnotes in the database to clarify that it is serviceable for internet only.  Additionally, if you leave that address, and all you wanted was internet, the next person that resides at that address, will be under the impression that their home is cable "serviceable" when in fact it is not.

The bottom line to me is, that system won't bite on this one, unless you can find a way to make this profitable for them. 
This is CABL.com posting #316107. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuoF
Posted in reply to: Re: Can someone help me? by cable407
There are 0 replies to this message