Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone have experience doing cable collections

I got desperate and tried it for a couple weeks.  Usually they want you to pick up modems or digital boxes and you are paid commission on that.  The actual disconnect pays like $3.00 or some stupid crap like that.  Or if you can collect money from the customer you get a percentage which isn't much.  That's called a save.  If your save rate is above x then you get a little more per box pickup or a little more commission on $ collected.  All in all I thought it was a bunch of bullshit.  The real killer is that the cable company has already shut down the digital box and the phone modem.  So you only get the customers that still can't or won't pay.  They have no incentive to pay you.  They're already shut down.  Plus if they call the cable company and pay them you get nothing even though you got them to pay.  I had several that wouldn't come to the door so I disconnected them and left a door hanger with my number on it to call for a reconnect.  They would ignore the number on the hanger, call the cable company and put it on their credit card.  Then guess what. I had to go back and reconnect them for free because they paid the bill while I was on the phone waiting for dispatch to pick up and record the disconnect.  The company I worked for was supposed to pay minimum wage for training pay.  They still owe me for 11 hours.  Years ago you could make a little money doing disconnects.  They've turned it into bill collecting.  Some of the guys make money at it but they work 12 hours a day 6 days a week and a half day on Sunday.  Personally I think it's a scam.
This is CABL.com posting #314583. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtZ5
Posted in reply to: Re: Anyone have experience doing cable collections by richardtodd
There are 0 replies to this message