Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: PON extension

Now there's a response.

Although I really didn't need a lesson in optics its absolutely outstanding to hear from a system operator/engineer on how they use what I build. An insider is your best friend when it comes to understanding the technology.

Yeppers, I know about your drop lengths up there. I work in Minnesota, the Dakota's over into Montana. Life gets tough when your packing all your equipment to the side of a house in a blizzard to install the NID. :-)

I'm curious on a few things. You mention using 1310nm for the upstream. If I recall, correct me if I'm wrong, using the 1310 window upstream means no upgrade path to GPON or other PON technologies that may emerge. Is that still the case ??

What type of gear.. Arris, Aurora?

Does your design use an EDFA to power the WDM?

Listen, thanks for the response. I learnt a thing or two about the deployment options I didn't know and I'm sure your comments have edumacated a few and baffled some too. 10 bucks says a person or two in these here forums will know what RFoG is and how it relates to them and their every changing world.

sidebar: Oddly enough the first time I recall hearing the term RFoG was around 05-06? A few ex-TWC engineers I knew called me about a new HFC deployment they were working on and by coincidence they had relocated to the Appleton area. I wonder????
This is CABL.com posting #313545. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtJl
Posted in reply to: Re: PON extension by up2oneghz
There are 0 replies to this message