Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate...

I feel you Xfact, Since Obama introduced the new HCP its got a lot of pork in it, one pork chop is extra funding to the IRS and Labor Board to enforce the labor laws on the books.  We all know from Splicers to MDU crews to the Cable guys are all treated as employees in some form or fashion. 

Id like to really here of cable installers who can advertise "running wires hanging tv surround sound wiring, computer networking while worknig for them?  Every one around here gets fired on the spot for "doing side work"  Cant do Side work? Anyone who says im not working Sat or Sundays or I can only do morning work or only pm work "sorry cant help you here".  The primes would be out of business really quick.  Every year itss a price cut and another price cut to the installer. Now ive got the proof from past codes and new codes the Primes got a huge price increase.  This is just in my area im sure its the same in yours too.  This is bull Shizzzz. No wonder things like this are happening.

The business model is made so the MSO can offset there workforce during slow seasons so they dont have workers on the payroll to stand around, in turn they sub it out to Primes who sub it out.  I know for a fact almost all the guys I worked with file fasle returns and its common everywhere. So its now wonder uncle sam is cracking down hard on us/we.

I welcome this from the IRS and Depart of Labor I hope it cleans up this industry so the real hardworking people can provide for there families or habits.
Most cable guys are the guys who cant get jobs in the normal world by ether being drugged out or criminals.  Most all the primes installers get arrested in there primes work shirts. This is a fact to.  So when it comes to having a few major players who are employee based its going to weed alot of hacks out of this industry all together. Those who are on this forum do have some common sence and see this day was comming.  
This is CABL.com posting #312700. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtvI
Posted in reply to: Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... by xfactor
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... LouSkunt 10/7/2010 2:09:00 PM
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... dcommtn 9/12/2010 12:05:54 PM
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... battlerow 9/10/2010 3:43:17 PM