Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Fall From Aerial Lift

Yeah there is, it's called an Acts Of God, incidental contact, uncontrollable or unpreventable accident.  He was at a intersection, someone could have run a light, had a major MVA and hit the truck that was on the side of the road.  We worked maintenance/outages for Comcast and saw shit that would blow your mind on a daily basis, just being on the road in general you see weird stuff. Most accidents can be prevented though, this guy should have been tied off but I'd hate to speculate as to what happened exactly without the full story. 

And this is a lesson to those people who don't tie off, the truck didn't roll over but the guy got ejected.  The old adage of, "I'll just jump out of this bitch if that happens" seems like it doesn't work in reality.  A GH could let out the clutch to fast on a hill and throw you out, I know I did it to a lineman on my first day, he lost the tray and got tossed like 3' up.   Just having the boom all the way out and hitting a bump moves the bucket 2-3' up and down. 
This is CABL.com posting #311917. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbti5
Posted in reply to: Re: Fall From Aerial Lift by 1FARMER
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Fall From Aerial Lift 1FARMER 8/30/2010 3:47:19 PM